SWEET HAWAIIAN MINI BURGERS
1 lb Criollo ground steak
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
4 canned pineapple slices
12 Hawaiian sweet or small dinner rolls, split
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup pineapple preserves
1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- Mix ground beef and Worcestershire sauce lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into twelve 1/2" thick mini patties.
- Combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Place pineapple on rack in broiler pan so surface of pineapple is 3" to 4" from heat. Broil 3 to 4 minutes, turning once and brushing with sauce. Remove pineapple.
- Place patties on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3" to 4" from heat. Broil 7 to 8 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning halfway through and brushing with sauce. Season with salt.
- Cut pineapple slices into thirds. Top burgers with pineapple. Serve on lettuce in rolls.
Other delicious GRILL recipes: