SEASONED SHORT RIBS
Preparation Time: 2 hours
3 pounds Criollo Short Ribs
House Seasoning, (recipe below)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cloves garlic, chopped, plus 2 more cloves chopped
Beef Broth, plus more for roasting
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 onion, sliced
White rice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season ribs liberally, or to taste, with House Seasoning. Lightly dust with 2 tablespoons flour.
- In a Dutch oven, place a small amount of oil. Add the 2 garlic cloves and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the ribs and brown on each side.
- Add half water and half beef broth to cover ribs. Bring to a boil.
- Remove the ribs from the Dutch oven and place in a casserole dish. Add the remaining garlic, salt and pepper, onions, and about 1 cup broth to the ribs.
- Roast ribs for 2 hours. Serve over buttered white rice.
- House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Combine all ingredients in a bowl