BEEFY FRENCH ONION SOUP
1 pound Criollo ground steak
2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed French onion soup
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
4 slices Swiss cheese
4 slices French bread, cut 1-inch thick
- Brown ground steak in large saucepan or nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings.
- Add soup and amount of water according to soup can directions. Stir in thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Cut cheese to fit bread slices; top bread with cheese. Place bread slices on rack in broiler pan so surface of bread is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Evenly ladle soup into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with 1 bread slice.
Other delicious SKILLET recipes:
- BEEF STEAK WITH CURRIED ONION-PLUM SAUCE
- FLAT IRON STEAKS WITH PEANUT SAUCE
- MEDITERRANEAN STEAK SANDWICHES
- BEEF STEAK & ROASTED VEGETABLE SALAD
- EASY STEAK DIANE
- SOUTHERN ITALIAN STEAK & PASTA FOR TWO
- BREAKFAST BEEF BURRITOS
- PEPPERED STEAKS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER BEEF HASH
- TEXAS STYLE CHICKEN FRIED STEAK