- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the rump roast in a 9 x 13 baking dish, fat side down and pour the water over the top of the roast.
- Stick a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the roast half way through and bake for an hour and a half to two hours depending on the size of the roast and desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and let the roast "rest" for 10 minutes.
- Carve across the grain to achieve maximum tenderness.
- Baste the slices of meat with the drippings, if desired.
Chef's Note: To make gravy from the drippings, mix equal parts of juice with flour and brown in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Add Swanson's beef broth gradually until desired consistancy is reached. Season to taste with salt and pepper.